Saturday, March 13, 2010

Q&A - Drinking Water



From the NCL Questions and Answers User Forum...


Question:
I have read where it is not safe to drink tap water on cruise ships. So wanted to know if bottled water is provided free to the passengers or if they are available for purchase.

Answer 1:
No bottled water is not free. The ship uses the same type of commercial filtration system that is used to produce bottled water. So it's, in effect, bottled water on tap, and perfectly safe. Beside plastic bottles are environmentally unfriendly.

Coffee, tea, and water are free at the basic restaurants as is juice with breakfast. We bring a half pound of Starbucks coffee for the room.

Answer 2:
Nothing is free...I kept refilling a plastic bottle from the tap in the bathroom and it was great. I am picky about drinking water, and it worked fine for me. they also give you ice each day in a bucket which is in your room. I didn't discover this until the last day.

Answer 3:
I've drunk the tap water on both the Pearl and Star and it's fine. So are the ice cubes. Bottled water is available for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment