Monday, March 8, 2010

Quote of the Day - March 8



"Up close, bears smell like very large, very wet dogs."


When I mentioned this to Rekha, she said she hoped we wouldn't be close enough to smell one!

The two t
ypes of bears found in southeast Alaska are the Grizzly bear and the black bear.


The grizzly is generally brown, ranging in color from chocolate to blond. Grizzlies can weigh 1,000 lbs. or more and have a muscular hump at the shoulders.










The black bear is generally black in color - but can vary to cinnamon brown. They are less than half the size of grizzlies, averaging 200 lbs.

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the JD song. I'll move it to top of the list - would love for that to launch first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, great - go for it! I couldn't believe that he (my childhood idol) had a song for us! It came relatively late in his career.

    I tried to set the player to shuffle whenever it is launched...but not sure you can do that on a blog.

    I'm thinking I need to bring these songs along to play sitting in our cabin! Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Here's to Alaska and me!" (WE!)

    ReplyDelete